SEPARATORS (46 pages and 26 photographs, drawings, and illustrations) This manual includes a description of horizontal and vertical separators, their internal components, capacity sizing, and procedures to operate and troubleshoot the equipment. Both Metric and English units of measurement are used so students can work in units with which they are familiar.
- Description of various types of separators showing common internal components
- Flow patterns in horizontal and vertical separators with different internal devices
- Types and application of internal components
- Principles of fluid separation by gravity
- Determining the capacity of horizontal and vertical separators for various gas and liquid flow rates
- Selecting separators for use in various applications
- Procedures to start-up, shutdown, and troubleshoot
Questions and problems are included throughout the text with answers in the back that allow students to check their understanding of the subject.
Estimated self-study time: 9 hours
The E-12 Knowledge Validation Test CD, is a CD disc that has all of the photographs, diagrams, illustrations and examples as printed in the E-12 training manual combined in a .pdf file.
Answers to both SI and USCS unit validation test questions in the manual are included along with scoring information. Multiple Knowledge Validation Test CD orders will be combined onto a single disc.
An experienced PLP instructor can travel to your site to lead a classroom training program. Contact PLP for more information.