SEPARATORS (46 pages and 26 photographs, drawings, and illustrations) This manual includes a description of horizontal and vertical separators, their internal components, capacity sizing, and procedures to operate and troubleshoot the equipment. Both Metric and English units of measurement are used so students can work in units with which they are familiar.
- Description of various types of separators showing common internal components
- Flow patterns in horizontal and vertical separators with different internal devices
- Types and application of internal components
- Principles of fluid separation by gravity
- Determining the capacity of horizontal and vertical separators for various gas and liquid flow rates
- Selecting separators for use in various applications
- Procedures to start-up, shutdown, and troubleshoot
Questions and problems are included throughout the text with answers in the back that allow students to check their understanding of the subject.
Estimated self-study time: 9 hours
The E-12 Instructor Kit, in addition to the E-12 training manual, includes a CD disc that has all of the photographs, diagrams, illustrations and examples printed in the training manual. Answers to all the test questions in the manual are included.
With a few hours of familiarization with the material a knowledgeable supervisor or other individual with group speaking skills may act as the classroom instructor. Using the Instructor Kit CD the training material can be displayed on a computer connected monitor or screen with a video projector.
Alternatively, an experienced PLP instructor can travel to your site to lead the classroom training program. Contact PLP for more information.