FRACTIONATORS (62 pages and 35 drawings, illustrations, and graphs) This manual covers the principles and operating procedures for Fractionators in refineries and gasoline plants. Both Metric and English units of measurement are used so the student can work in units with which they are familiar.
- Description of a fractionator, reflux facilities and types of reboilers
- Fractionator process flow
- Principles of fractionation with product compositions
- Product purity control
- Reflux ratio
- Control of the fractionator tower
- Minimizing heat input to the reboiler
- Procedures for determining: proper feed tray, temperature, minimum reflux rate, minimum reboiler heat input, and proper operating pressure
- Procedures for start-up, shutdown, routine operating checks, and troubleshooting common problems
Questions and problems are included throughout the text with answers in the back that allow students to check their understanding of the subject.
Estimated self-study time: 10 hours
The E-6 Instructor Kit, in addition to the E-6 training manual, includes a CD disc that has all of the photographs, diagrams, illustrations and examples printed in the training manual. Answers to all the test questions in the manual are included.
With a few hours of familiarization with the material a knowledgeable supervisor or other individual with group speaking skills may act as the classroom instructor. Using the Instructor Kit CD the training material can be displayed on a computer connected monitor or screen with a video projector.
Alternatively, an experienced PLP instructor can travel to your site to lead the classroom training program. Contact PLP for more information.