FRACTIONATORS (62 pages and 35 drawings, illustrations, and graphs) This manual covers the principles and operating procedures for Fractionators in refineries and gasoline plants. Both Metric and English units of measurement are used so the student can work in units with which they are familiar.
- Description of a fractionator, reflux facilities and types of reboilers
- Fractionator process flow
- Principles of fractionation with product compositions
- Product purity control
- Reflux ratio
- Control of the fractionator tower
- Minimizing heat input to the reboiler
- Procedures for determining: proper feed tray, temperature, minimum reflux rate, minimum reboiler heat input, and proper operating pressure
- Procedures for start-up, shutdown, routine operating checks, and troubleshooting common problems
Questions and problems are included throughout the text with answers in the back that allow students to check their understanding of the subject.
Estimated self-study time: 10 hours
The E-6 Knowledge Validation Test CD, is a CD disc that has all of the photographs, diagrams, illustrations and examples as printed in the E-6 training manual combined in a .pdf file.
Answers to both SI and USCS unit validation test questions in the manual are included along with scoring information. Multiple Knowledge Validation Test CD orders will be combined onto a single disc.
An experienced PLP instructor can travel to your site to lead a classroom training program. Contact PLP for more information.