M-3 Oilfield Safety
M-3 Oilfield Safety
OILFIELD SAFETY (40 pages with 42 photographs and drawings) This training manual covers the safety factor designed into process equipment, and lists the basic precautions in its operation. It gives procedures for preparing pressure vessels for safe entry and for removing air from the process system prior to restart.
- Illustration of the elements; fuel, air and heat, required for a fire
- Flammability limits and ignition temperatures of various hydrocarbons
- Illustrated procedures for shutting down and isolating pressure vessels and preparing them for safe entry
- Procedures are shown for pressure testing and removing air in preparation for restart
- Procedures for purging equipment with natural gas
- Pressure vessel design with a minimum safety factor
- Precautions in operating heaters and the usual cause of heater failure
- Procedures for repairing leaks in screwed and flanged piping
- Procedures for working around high pressure gas
- The breathing effect of filling and draining atmospheric tanks and vapor recovery systems
- Precautions for handling chemicals and working around sour gas
Questions and problems are included throughout the text with answers in the back that allow students to check their understanding of the subject.
Estimated self-study time: 7 hours
The M-3 Instructor Kit, in addition to the M-3 training manual, includes a CD disc that has all of the photographs, diagrams, illustrations and examples printed in the training manual. Answers to all the test questions in the manual are included.
With a few hours of familiarization with the material a knowledgeable supervisor or other individual with group speaking skills may act as the classroom instructor. Using the Instructor Kit CD the training material can be displayed on a computer connected monitor or screen with a video projector.
Alternatively, an experienced PLP instructor can travel to your site to lead the classroom training program. Contact PLP for more information.