HYDROCARBONS (38 pages with 25 drawings, illustrations, and graphs) This manual covers the chemical structure, physical properties, and phase behavior of hydrocarbon gases. Both Metric and English units of measurement are used so students can work in units with which they are familiar.
- Explanation of atoms and molecules, arrangement of atoms in different hydrocarbons and their names and abbreviations
- The physical properties of hydrocarbons which include boiling point, liquid relative density, vapor relative density, heat of combustion, flammability limits, viscosity, cloud point and pour point
- Vapor pressure and Reid vapor pressure
- Water content of liquids, water content of gas, and hydrate formation conditions
- API gravity and relative density measurement with a hydrometer
- Procedure for determining the composition of hydrocarbon vapors in equilibrium with liquids
- The effect of dropping the pressure of liquid and gas hydrocarbon streams
Questions and problems are included throughout the training manual with the answers in the back.
Estimated self-study time: 9 hours
The F-3 Instructor Kit, in addition to the F-3 training manual, includes a CD disc that has all of the photographs, diagrams, illustrations and examples printed in the training manual. Answers to all the test questions in the manual are included.
With a few hours of familiarization with the material a knowledgeable supervisor or other individual with group speaking skills may act as the classroom instructor. Using the Instructor Kit CD the training material can be displayed on a computer connected monitor or screen with a video projector.
Alternatively, an experienced PLP instructor can travel to your site to lead the classroom training program. Contact PLP for more information.