F-4 Fluid Flow
F-4 Fluid Flow
FLUID FLOW (46 pages with 32 drawings and illustrations) This manual details the pipe and fittings used in the petroleum industry, and the pressure drop associated with fluid flow in piping. It has charts for determining the capacity of gas and liquid piping in process facilities. Both Metric and English units of measurement are used so students can work in units with which they are familiar.
- Description of fluids: liquid and gas
- Pressure drop of fluid flow in piping
- Description of piping and fittings including pressure rating tables in Metric and English units for piping and flanges
- Principles of fluid flow in piping
- Equations and examples showing the exponential effect on pressure drop with changes in flow
- Charts for selecting pipe sizes for various liquid hydrocarbon flow rates, or for determining capacities in existing piping
- Equations and examples to convert standard gas volume into actual volume flowing at various temperatures and pressures
- Determining pressure drops in gas and liquid piping systems
Questions and problems are included throughout the training manual with the answers in the back.
Estimated self-study time: 9 hours
F-4 Fluid Flow Knowledge validation Test CD
The F-4 Knowledge Validation Test Kit, is a CD disc that has the photographs, diagrams, illustrations and examples as printed in the F-4 training manual included in a .pdf file.
Answers to both SI and USCS unit validation test questions in the manual are included along with scoring information. Multiple Knowledge Validation Test CD orders will be combined onto a single disc.
An experienced PLP instructor can travel to your site to lead a classroom training program. Contact PLP for more information.